As we enter into severe weather season in the Mid-South, it’s important to remember the importance of being prepared for storm and being safe after a storm.
BEFORE A STORM
- Charge all electronic devices.
- Locate your battery operated weather radio, or buy one.
- Lower the thermostat to cool your house.
- Have batteries, hand operated can opener, and flashlights available.
AFTER A STORM
- If the power is out, call MLG&W at 544-MLGW to report the outage.
- Stay away from downed lines, and keep children and pets away.
- Do not attempt to remove tree limbs or anything else caught in power lines.
- Turn off appliances to avoid any potential safety hazards when power is restored.
For power outage information, visit MLG&W’s website.Click Here
For current weather information visit NOAA